About the Company
Futuristic Labs is exactly what it sounds like - a place to 'dream' & 'build' futuristic products. A research and product development studio with an enthusiastic team working towards building innovative consumer products to create a future with a superior and healthier lifestyle.
At the moment we are set out to solve home cooking. To achieve this, we have RIKU, our flagship product, which is a fully automatic, AI-assisted rice and curry maker. Other products in this ecosystem are Semi - Smart induction cooktop, A digital kitchen app and a Recipe platform. The perfect blend of hardware and software.
So if you love good home-cooked food and are excited to build an automated solution for the entire cooking process, then this is the place for you!
Futuristic Labs is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer whose code helps people have finger-licking meals at the tap of a button. You will be working on our flagship product Riku: An automated Rice and Curry Maker. You will work closely with the application, hardware, design and manufacturing teams to develop the software/firmware in C/C++ (and/or Python) for our product. Your contribution will be an essential part of the success of the company, Riku is currently in the Design Validation Phase(End User Testing) and we are looking for a firmware specialist to move it towards production. You will take end-to-end ownership of firmware – from concept and simulation, through development and integration until field deployment.
What you’ll do:
- Work with software, hardware, electrical, mechanical and system engineers to convert the product requirements into firmware requirements and convert the requirements to a solid design.
- Design, develop new features, maintain existing code base as well as test and debug high-quality firmware for our smart kitchen appliances. This will include writing low-level device drivers, middleware, UI flows and multi-threaded application development in C/C++.
- Take impactful technical decisions which involve prioritizing and implementing new features as well as maintaining and improving existing ones.
- Create technical documentation for product architecture, firmware design, application notes and test plan.
- Collaborate with electrical, mechanical, and software(applications) teams and interact as necessary to resolve any dependency or roadblocks
- You will build and constantly improve the test suite on the software (integration, functional tests) to have substantial code coverage.
- Create test scripts and suites to validate products and speed up development.
- Develop firmware for the manufacturing test fixtures.
- Research and learn new technologies as necessary to improve the current product, solve any problems and unlock new features.
- Develop and contribute to our SDK to allow 3rd party developers to easily implement their application and integrate with the product.
- Regular participation in usability research to identify methods for improving our efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist with daily tastings and testing of delicious recipes :).
What we think you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Electrical/Computer Engineering with relevant experience
- 4+ years of experience writing embedded firmware for mechanical control from low-level drivers to high-level application development in C/C++ and Python.
- Experience shipping production codes for a product available in the market.
- Expertise in controlling electromechanical motion systems like DC, servo control, stepper motors, and vacuum pumps, in the context of robotics.
- Experience with RTOS(uCOS, Free RTOS, Open RTOS etc)with knowledge of how to use semaphores, mutexes, queues, and IPC.
- Experience developing and debugging code with stacks, queues, linked lists, and other common data structures
- Good knowledge of Board Bring-up, bare-metal programming, Scheduler & Memory management
- Working knowledge of most standard peripherals on embedded processors (e.g. SPI, UART, I2C, USB, DMA).
- Working knowledge of network stacks such as Ethernet and MQTT is a plus.
- Experience in testing software using SIL/MIL/HIL.
- Ability to write secure code and follow coding guidelines
- Experience with Version control systems like GIT, SVN, Open Case etc.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Experience in writing software/firmware for manufacturing test fixtures
- Ability to read electronics schematics and circuit diagrams
- Comfortable in using debugging tools such as GDB and JTAG, as well as prototyping boards
- Experience in using tools like Logiscope / Function Generator / Oscilloscope, etc.
- Experience in Requirement management tools like ALM/DOORS
- Well-versed with agile processes and practices.
- Hands-on experience in design tools like EA, UML, Rhapsody
- Experience with fleet management similar to balena.io or mender.io or AWS IoT Greengrass or Google Cloud IoT
While not a requirement, extra consideration will be given to firmware engineers with some experience in PCB design and analysis, including prototyping, debugging, verification, and DFM. Additionally, we understand that great candidates can have varying levels of professional/educational experience so if you have a passion for coding and personal experience developing products, please do reach out and let us know what makes you a good fit.
Curious about what it's like to work at Futuristic Labs?
Being in an early start-up,you will be working closely and along with the leadership team and can potentially learn and grow exponentially.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Futuristic Labs. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our people. We train and reward talent and are looking to develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.